If you have never planned a welcome week it can be overwhelming. Here are a few important items to think about when planning your welcome week.
Theme! How does the theme fit with:
- Overall goal
- Do you have access to power? (how many outlets are available? How much power do you need?)
- What are the ceiling heights?
- What is available for the space? Tables, chairs, linens, etc
- Doors – single doors or double? If double, is there a middle bar that can be removed?
- What is the load in like? – can trucks/vehicles drive on sidewalks or grass to unload and drop off? If not, what is the access like and how do you foresee them moving the items to the location?
- Access to power – is power available within a reasonable amount of length (typically less than 75ft) or will generators need to be provided?
- If during the day – what is shade and coverage like? Do you need tents or tables with umbrellas?
- If at night/evening – is the area well lit or will you need additional lighting (some areas need permits for lighting after certain hours as well, make sure to keep look into this with city/campus ordinances)
- Can items be secured with stakes? Or are weights required? Just because there is a grassy area does not mean staking is OK, some facilities do not allow staking, or even certain types of equipment due to damage they could have to the grass/area
- Music – Live music or bands? DJ or sound system with digitally loaded music?
- Fun & Games Inflatables? Carnival? Talent (face painters, balloon artists, fire eaters)?
- Food stations? Catering? Food Trucks? Concessions?
- Beverages – nonalcoholic or alcoholic – do you need designated areas for each?
- Tables (with linens or covers?)
- Centerpieces or table decor (balloons, flowers, etc)
- Power – electricity
- Lighting (if in the evening)
- Trash Cans/Recycling
- Restrooms – do you need to rent additional facilities
- Staging – for announcements, presentations or band needs?
- Dance Floor
- AV – sound systems, mics, screens, projectors, TVs, etc
Timeline of day of events
- Load in of vendors – when is the facility available for delivery?
- Set up times – how long does it take for set up, per vendor, full scale, etc
- Actual event happens
- Clean up and tear down – do all items need to be removed the same day/night?
Site Visits and walk through with vendors and facilities
- Are there things that your vendors need to see in order to have an easier load in/out?
Create site map of setup location of each item and send it to your vendors
Do you need to create invitations for guests or marketing for the event?
Will you have registration at event to keep a guest count?
If this still sounds mind-boggling just give us a call, we are happy to help!